Monday, May 30, 2011

Real Wedding - Jessica & Trevor

Another great contribution from Kristy Mapp Photography . Thank you Kristy!!!
This is a precious, precious wedding planning story, that happened this past November. Attention brides planning a rustic, fall wedding, here is some inspiration;)  And now for some details, straight from the bride :)


"The first and only dress shopping I did was at David's Bridal, and I just couldnt find any dress within my price range or style so in away I gave up. I knew what kind of dressed I wanted and for some reason I didnt have an urge to look for it so when, a few weeks before the wedding a friend asked whether I had my dress or not, I confidently stated "I dont have one but I believe God's going to provide the exact one and I wont even have to buy it. Im just trusting." As soon as the words left my mouth I started to doubt myself because I said it out loud and now God was going to have to prove himself! A week later I was out on a womens retreat, and happened to be talking about my dream dress, "lace, open back, with shoulders and ivory, since that color looks good with my skin tone" The pastor's wife heard what I wanted and said her granddaughter might have one like that and that she will have to check. So when we came in a few days later for our premarital counseling she popped up a picture of the dress, front and back, and said, "Is this what you were dreaming about?" I looked at it with my eyes wide open and said Oh my gosh, yes who's is it? She said "its yours to borrow if you like." I started crying because once again God provided."


"This whole wedding was orchestrated by God. The engagement and wedding bands were given to us. The cake and cupcakes were done donation based by a student in my class named Savanna Evans. The photographers were also an amazing blessing!! The honeymoon in a cabin two nights before leaving to PA was provided by Trevor's parents, and the chalet in the Adirondacks Mountains of New York for the remainder of the honeymoon. They also took care of the reception plus any odds and ends. We had a professional pianist name Jihay from my class and a violist name Alex Ko played for the wedding. The flowers were taken care of by the Todds; Larry Todd is the man that walked me down the aisle. I was able to have two wedding coordinators that gave there time and energy toward the wedding. As i said, it was orchestrated by God and it turned out better than expected or could ever have been imagined!"


They were married at the missionary school they attended, and lived at, with the ceremony taking place in the courtyard directly outside of the dorms. All their friends provided materials and decorated everything. 


Such a cute and happy couple!


Cute kid alert


Love it when the wedding party gets choked up :)





Never seen pearls and sunflowers together, but it's working on this cake :) Congratulations Jessica and Trevor!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment